One of the changes to WordPress in version 3.7 changes how the plugin update notification system works – with the end result being SlideDeck 2 Personal, Professional and Developer users will never see the notification when we push out an update.
If you’ve not yet upgraded to WP 3.7…
Upgrade SlideDeck 2 first! Version 2.3.4 addresses this notification issue, and ensures that you’ll continue to get a heads-up when there are new versions of SlideDeck 2 available. There are two ways to do this – all Personal, Professional & Developer users should either:
- Go to the Plugins screen in your WordPress admin, and update SlideDeck 2 from there, or
- Log into your DT account, download the plugin .zip file(s) and upload it to your WordPress site
Ack! I already upgraded to WP 3.7! What should I do?
Simply follow these instructions in order to resolve the issue:
- Deactivate all SlideDeck 2 plugins you have installed on your WordPress site
- Install SlideDeck 2 Lite from the WordPress plugin repository
- Once installed, visit the “Addons” page in the plugin
- Install your addons
This will download the latest version of the Personal, Professional or Developer tier addons from our servers to your WordPress site. And then you should be good to go!
What if my license is expired?
Don’t worry, we haven’t left you hanging! We’ve created a free patch that you can apply – we strongly recommend that you do this. If not, you may not receive notification of updates for any of your plugins. Grab it from the link below:
Just replace the file of the same name in slidedeck2-personal/lib/ with this one, and the update mechanism will continue to work as it did before WordPress 3.7.